Randy Seaver is a genealogist with his own blog entitled, "Genea-Musings". Back in March, he published a post, My Top 10 Genealogy Education Resources. The genealogy world is chock full of education resources in the form of books, webinars, seminars, blogs, podcasts and websites. Many of these are free. Randy has compiled a list of fifty-five (and growing) resources he uses regularly that help make him a more efficient, organized and overall better researcher.
In his blogpost, Randy expands on each of his top 10, but here is a summary of the list:
- Local genealogy society programs and seminars
- FamilySearch Learning Center Videos
- Family Search Wiki
- Cyndi's List
- Google+ and Hangouts On Air
- Multi-day regional and national conferences, and genealogy cruises
- Radio broadcasts and podcasts
- ProGen Study Group
I am willing to bet you never heard of half of these. Take a look at Randy's post and see what you've been missing!
-- submitted by Denise Doyon