Thursday, April 2, 2015

Google Tips and Tools





I have always prided myself on being fairly well organized.  I am constantly on the lookout for, or accidentally stumbling upon, new ideas and tools to make it easier to get through my day. I spend a lot of time at my computer, so anything that helps me work more efficiently and puts more resources at my fingertips is welcome.

I am a Google girl. I use Gmail for my email and Chrome for my internet browser. Like most things we do, this is a very subjective choice. Everyone has to use what works best for them, or what they have developed and enhanced over time to make it work best. So I thought I knew, or was familiar with, just about every nuance of Google. I was wrong.

Ryan Dube of MakeUseOf recently posted about Google Tips and Trick You Can't Live Without.  I didn't know what I didn't know!

Besides being a great search engine and providing an intuitive email server, there is so much more. Did you know that Google Search puts a timer and a calculator at your disposal? There's a calorie counter, a time zone converter, and a dozen other gadgets. Google Search, Drive, Keep, Calendar and Email each have many, many components I'll bet you, just like me, were not aware of.

I won't expand on all of them here.  Ryan did such a wonderful job!  So visit Ryan's post at MakeUseOf.com and prepare to be amazed!

-- submitted by Denise Doyon




No comments:

Post a Comment