Sunday, April 24, 2016

Organize Your Research





I have often said that there are as many ways to organize your research as there are genealogists.  I recently stumbled across a blog post about using Trello to organize your genealogy information.  For those of you who are looking for a super-simple, free digital tool - this one is very cool.  Linda and I have been using Trello for about a year to organize D.I.R.T. meetings and workshops.

Google also has a free tool called Google Keep.  Keep works on the same principle as Evernote and OneNote.  All are great, free researching tools, and each has its strengths and weaknesses.  I have been using Evernote for about eight years and couldn't live without its web-clipping features.  I use it to store all my internet research.

Family History Daily recently posted an article on Google Keep and how to use it for your genealogy research.  If you "Google" Evernote for Genealogy or OneNote for Genealogy you can read more information on how to use these tools to help keep your research and notes organized.

Everyone has to find what works best for them - and there are many, many tools out there to explore.  Also, these tools are very visual, and fun to use!


1 comment:

  1. Denise,

    I want to let you know that your blog is listed in today's Fab Finds post at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2016/04/follow-friday-fab-finds-for-april-29.html

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete