Findmypast Announces Free Weekend 6-9 March 2015
- Findmypast announces they will be giving free access to all their historical records this weekend
- Over 2 billion records available to everyone to search for free
- Local subscribers granted World access, and World subscribers granted 3 extra days to their subscription
- Getting Started video and Finding Women in the Records webinar will be available to view this weekend
- Over 900 million census records from across the UK, USA and Ireland
- Passenger lists for ships sailing to and from Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and the USA
- Birth, marriage and death records dating back to the 18th century, and the largest online collection of UK parish record
- The most comprehensive collection of UK military records anywhere online
- The largest collection of Irish family history records available online
- Historical newspapers from across the world, including more than 10 million British newspaper pages from as long ago as 1710
- An easy to use online family tree builder which allows you to import and export your tree if you’ve built it elsewhere
- Our automatic Hints feature, which automatically searches our records for you and suggests potential matches to the people you add to your family tree
Webinar and new Getting Started video
To celebrate International Women’s Day, at 7am EST on Sunday 8th March, Findmypast will be hosting a webinar on searching for women in their historical records. As, historically, women’s names changed or were not recorded, finding female ancestors can be tricky. This webinar will help users trace maternal lines and get further with their family tree.
To help everyone make the most of the free weekend, Findmypast have also created a new Getting Started video which will be available to view from this weekend.
Extended access for existing users
It’s not only new users who will be able to take their family history research further this weekend. Those with current Findmypast Local subscriptions (with an active Britain, Ireland, US & Canada or Australia & New Zealand subscription) will be able to access Findmypast’s historical World records during the free access weekend, and those with active World subscriptions will have an additional three days added on to their subscription.
Find out more at Findmypast’s dedicated Free Weekend page.
Terms & conditions: Free access lasts from 12:00pm midday (GMT) on Friday 6th March 2015 until 11:59am (GMT) on Monday 9th March 2015. To access the records you will need to be signed in at Findmypast: you can register for free using your name, email address and country of residence. The free access excludes the UK Electoral Registers (2002-2013) and the UK Companies House Directors (2002-2013) record sets. Free access is subject to our fair usage policy: each account may view up to a maximum of 1,000 records per day.
-- Reposted from Genea-Musings - 4 Mar 2015