Thursday, January 8, 2015

The Armchair Genealogist


Lynn Palermo of The Armchair Genealogist is one of my favorite genealogy bloggers, and one from whom I have learned the most since starting my family history journey.  Last year I took her Family History Writing Challenge and she is currently organizing for her 2015 challenge - which takes place from 1 Feb through 28 Feb 2015.  You can learn more about the challenge by going to her blog.  In addition to sharing her own wisdom, Lynn brings in guest challengers, like Linda Gartz, to spice up the process and bring new perspective.  

Keeping to the same theme, I just finished reading Lynn's new ebook entitled, Authentic Ancestors.  


My family history is a narrative, which is probably one of the hardest ways to present your story, even for those of us who like to write.  For any of you who are thinking of writing, or are currently struggling with, a narrative, I think you will find the book very useful and informative.   If you want more information about the book and the writing challenge, please go to The Armchair Genealogist. In addition to information about the challenge and the book, Lynn's blog is full of tips, tools, and resources.

I think you will find Lynn's site very helpful and informative.  The writing challenge was a great way for me to embark on a more organized and productive year of writing my narrative.  Hope you, too, can benefit from her wisdom and experience.

-- submitted by Denise Doyon


No comments:

Post a Comment