If you haven't had the chance to check out Lynn Palermo's blog, The Armchair Genealogist, I encourage you to visit. A recent post entitled, Five Reasons Why You Should Be Writing Your Family History, is a great, short list of the best reasons we do what we do, or at the very least, why we are contemplating doing what we hope to do.
In any event, Lynn's short list is:
- There's never going to be a perfect time;
- There is so much to learn from the journey;
- You can research and write at the same time;
- You want to write engaging stories; and
- You can find growth in a short amount of time.
Check out her blog post where she expands on each of the items listed above and maybe contemplate signing up for her February Family History Writing Challenge. It's free and you may be surprised at the results.
-- submitted by Denise Doyon