Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Mistakes To Avoid In Your Genealogy Research



When I was little (and even after I grew up) my Mom would often give me advice with the explanation that I should learn from her mistakes.  Well, we all know how well that works!  I now find myself doing the same things with my granddaughter - and the response I get is the typical, teenager, "eye roll".  With the perfect vision of hindsight, we know that, more often than not, our parents (grandparents, teachers, minister, etc.) really did have a lot more life experience and we probably should have listened.

I am now older (much!) and wiser (much, I hope!) and have learned to take advantage of the lessons learned from others who have gone before me.  The Internet provides us with the means to seek out and read the accounts of those who learned lessons they are willing to share.  Ancestral Findings recently posted "Don't Make These 8 Mistakes In Your Genealogy Research".  Whether you are a seasoned genealogist or a beginner, this advice is worth heeding.

So take a peek at the blog post and try not to make these mistakes!

A big THANKS! to Linda for sharing this.


No comments:

Post a Comment