Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Eight Mistakes You Don't Want To Make

I know how easy it is to settle down to do some family history research and, 3 or 4 or 5 hours later, getting up from my desk and discovering that I have been working feaverishly and don't have much to show for it.  I have allowed myself to wander around Ancestry.com, FamilySearch.org, Fold-3, and a dozen other sites collecting information without properly saving, labeling, citing or organizing any of it.  I have gotten better over the years but it has been a struggle.

As we continue working as a group helping each other break down our brick walls, I thought you might gain some perspective on your research habits by reading an AncestralFindings.com article entitled, Don't Make These Eight Mistakes In Your Genealogy Research.

Good advice that I hope you will implement as part of your own genealogy journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment