Sunday, March 15, 2015

Genealogy Ebooks


If you have been following this blog, attending our meetings, listening to any of my presentations, or got stuck in the car with me on the way to our recent field trip, you know that I am BIG into learning stuff.  I have always strongly believed in the old adage, "Knowledge is Power".  Maybe it was my parochial school education or just a twisted little genome, but whenever I have a question, the journey I take to find the answer is even better than the answer itself. I love reading, research and discovering new things.

When I started my family history project I literally knew nothing about the process. It has been "baptism under fire" the whole way. When I needed answers to questions, I scoured the internet and in the process discovered an enormous amount of resources. I have taken webinars, downloaded and read ebooks, taken part in research and writing challenges and read countless blogs. Along the way, I learned a lot about genealogy and met some interesting people. One of the lessons I have learned is that even when I am working in the solitude of my home studio/office, I don't have to work alone. Not only that, but the internet is chock full of information that I can instantly view, download, or save. You may have also noticed that I am in love with technology.

Learning excites me and I am always anxious to share that passion. The best part of all is finding something new I can share.  I recently discovered GenEbooks. Genealogy ebooks is the ebooks division of Gould Genealogy & History. They have been supplying genealogy-related information since the 1970s and have recently launched its ebook division in an effort to keep up with the times.

From their website:
Ebooks are a great way to get instant access to the resources you need to help with your research. You can buy and download instantly any of the books available on this site. View them on your computer, smart phone or tablet, the choice is yours. If you need to you can print a few pages to have that hard copy of some important portion.
All of their ebooks are reasonably priced, and a few are offered free of charge. Even if you don't want to spend the money to download one of their books, you might be lucky enough to find a hard-copy edition of one that interests you at our local library. Either way, it is a wonderful way to discover new sources of information.

Hope you will visit their website: http://www.gen-ebooks.com/.

-- submitted by Denise Doyon




No comments:

Post a Comment